Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Second Draft - DONE! Now, in search of a Crew!

So the second draft of the script is finished and is currently with a few trusted readers for editing suggestions. It's still entirely too long (need to cut about 30 pages) but it's at least in production form and, in fact, in good enough shape that if I had a cast and crew right now I would feel comfortable workshopping it. The biggest change of this round of editing is that the play, originally envisioned as a one woman show, now includes a cast of 5 people. It's a pretty big change but one that I think will really benefit the overall production.

Speaking of the overall productions, I am currently looking for a crew to get started on pre-production design. If you are a set, lighting, sound, costume, or props designer, or if you are an artist of any type and are looking to try your hand at theater, or if you know someone who fits into one of those categories, please send them my way. They can reach me at jessica@goingtotahitiproductions.com. We're looking at performing the show in a blackbox theater with a minimal set and I think for the right kind of designer this could be a really fun project.

No comments: