Friday, August 1, 2008

WE HAVE LIFTOFF!!!

That's right ladies and gents, the production has been scheduled!!!

IN THE EBB will open on September 18th! We have booked performance space at The Sage Theater, in the heart of Times Square - 711 Seventh Avenue. Their website is: www.sagetheater.us. As of right now, the performance dates are September 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, October 2, 3, and 4 (there may be additional shows scheduled later but for now there are 9 performances scheduled). I believe the curtain will be at 7:30pm, but I'll keep everyone posted about that as it gets closer and on the how and where to get tickets. As you may be able to tell from my tone in this post I am ECSTATIC! Just beyond excited (as Little Red would say, "well, excited and scared"). The first round of auditions are scheduled for this Tuesday. Actually, Kat, my spectacular casting director, and I had our first casting meeting last night and it was absolutely thrilling. This is the first time I've ever casted a show with the assistance of a casting director and I've got to say, having someone who knows what they're doing helping you out, is a whole new world compared to what I'm used to. It's been a joy, and we haven't even gotten to the actual casting sessions yet.

I'm now on the look out for my production team. If you have any thoughts on someone who might be interested in Stage Managing, Light Design, and/or Set Design, please send them my way. I'm afraid there's no pay but it could be a really great experience for the right folks.

I think that's everything for now. Keep checking back for updates. I'll try to post regularly and let everyone know how auditions/rehearsals are going.

No comments: