Monday, August 31, 2009

We are undaunted...

We have rescheduled the Drive-in night. Yay! It will be a week from Friday on the 11th and this time we're doing it rain or shine. When we first scheduled the event, I felt like I had pushed my luck with my last rain or shine event (my wedding). We had lucked out and had beautiful weather and didn't need to be in the tent, but I didn't want to push it again for the drive-in night...However, since I tried to play ball with the weather gods and the weather gods sent me Hurricane Bill, I've decided this time not to bother and just roll the dice. Don't get me wrong, I'm still hoping for a beautiful early fall evening...but, if the weather gods decide again not to smile on us...well then, inside we will go.

Once we decided to reschedule we had the whole, "which weekend should it be?" discussion and decided that since most people wouldn't be around for Labor Day Weekend, that was out. We didn't want to wait more than three weeks from the original date so that put us on the weekend of the 11th. We really wanted it to be on a Friday and though we had some reservations about doing it on September 11th, in the end we decided that it was better to offer a fun activity for people to go out to. Hopefully folks will want to come out and be with friends.

Now that we're doing it rain or shine, I'm starting to get really excited. The popcorn is still ready to be popped, we still have the beer, wine and soda and the movies are ready to go...I will admit that I may need to get some more candy (someone, who shall remain nameless, but looks exactly like the person writing this post, may have been dipping in to the tootsie roll and twix bar stash. Heh.) but other than that I think we're good to go.

No comments: