Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Entering the Blogosphere - officially

Ok, so it's time for me to get on the stick and seriously enter the blogosphere, so here we go.

Welcome to the Going to Tahiti Productions Blog. I'll be talking about all manner of things here but primarily I'll be talking about my struggle to start a theater company, raise money, mount a production and generally follow my dream.

So here's the update so far - I'll try to keep it brief - I hope you won't need canned goods for this story!

I came to New York in 1996. Big dreams, I had big dreams I tell you...
Actually, I had what I considered a relatively small dream. I wanted to find a way to get paid to do what I love - directing. I didn't care how, I didn't care what, I just wanted to direct - theater, film, tv, industrials, commercials, my roomates in my apartment...you know, just directing. It's the thing I've been put on this earth to do-I KNOW this, so I just wanted to be directing...

I was interested in film, but had been trained in theater. And, after I graduated from college and tried the LA scene and decided it wasn't for me, I decided New York, the indy film scene and theater were definitely more my bag. So that was the dream I showed up in this city with - direct. Win a Tony by 30 and at least be nominated for an Oscar by 35. Modest dream, right? Actually, all I really wanted was to have a career doing what I love.

No comments: