Monday, April 28, 2008

Where are we now?

So here's the current status:

I launched the company last year and started fundraising by sending emails to everyone I knew (and had email addresses for). That brought in the first round of dough.

After that I got the website up and running and I sent out a winter newsletter announcing the website and some other initiatives and that brought in the second round of dough.

In February I sent out a snail mail mailing to fellow Waterford High School alums and the amazing crew of drivers I had worked with at OZOcar...and wouldn't you know it (and, if you knew these folks, this would come as no surprise to you) both the Lancers and the drivers really stepped up to the plate to bring in another round of dough.

Currently we're at about $4500 - which is not bad at all for a few months work, but seeing as the goal is $20,000 we still have a ways to go. Now, I may get to a point when I can afford to rent the theater and not much else - a point where I just pull the trigger and we have a show - come hell or high water. Honestly, I'd rather have the whole budget in the bank and ready to spend before I spend a dime, but the clock is ticking (for tax reasons I MUST have the show during this tax year) and if I can't have the perfect big budget production, maybe a smaller budget show will still be worth it. Honestly, if I can afford a performance space for a 3-4 week run, then the smaller budget thing will be fine with me...Besides, I need to be directing. It's killing me that it's been so long since I've worked with actors and really crafted a production, so, yeah, that "come hell or high water" thing, looking very appealing right now. I have gotten to the point where I'm directing my fiance around the apartment and really, that's just bossy and naggy (two things I'd really rather not be)...but I digress...

The next step which is happening even as I write this, is the prep and distribution of the Spring 2008 newsletter (which some of you have already received and others will be receiving) - announcing this blog and getting people prepped for some spring/summer fundraisers that are in the planning stage. The hope is that people, after reading the newsletter and the blog, will want to get involved and want to be a part of GTTP's future.

So that's where we are now - $4500 and counting. My aim is to have at least two fundraisers in the next couple of months and the show this summer... I will keep everyone posted.

No comments: